Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Five Minute Blueberry Pie, No-Bake

No matter how the gardens do each year, my son's blueberries are the one thing we can always count on. I was tickled to find this Five Minute Blueberry Pie recipe, and especially pleased that it is a no-bake recipe. Perfect for summer! Much like the Fresh Strawberry Pie, this will be added to our yearly list of seasonal things to make. I do have a few suggestions though... It's rare that I'd add more sugar to a recipe, but blueberries can be a little tart. Also, I'll be using a shortbread crust next year instead of graham cracker. One last little thing, a tsp of fresh lemon juice would be nice too. But honestly folks, if you've ever had a blueberry pie make a mess of your oven, you'll welcome this easy recipe:@)
Tip: Always place a store bought crust into a pie plate. 
Just set the foil pan right into it for stability.

Five Minute Blueberry Pie-from Taste of Home
1/2 C sugar-I'd add 2 Tblsp to 1/4 C more depending on how tart the berries are
2 Tblsp cornstarch
3/4 C water
4 C blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 tsp lemon juice-optional
1 graham cracker crust-I used store bought and would use a shortbread crust next time
whipped topping-optional
  1. Add sugar and cornstarch to large sauce pan. Add water and stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until thickened, approximately 2 minutes.
  2. Add blueberries, cook for about 3 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
  3. Pour into pie crust, chill until set, approximately 4-6 hours. (I left mine on the counter for about an hour, then put it in the fridge for a couple hours, then covered the top with plastic wrap.)
Enjoy a slice of pie and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

4 comments:

  1. I certainly would enjoy a slice and have a happy day, Lynn. No bake is certainly the way to keep cool. How wonderful that your son has a blueberry patch. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good. I love blueberries. I just ate some for breakfast too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a go-to pie like this, easy and delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday,547. Hope you are having a great summer and come back to see us soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!