Saturday, January 2, 2021

Saturday ReView: Leftover Ham, Pineapple and Noodle Casserole & DIY Slipcovers for $1 Barbie Chairs

If you have some leftover ham in the freezer this Pineapple, Ham and Noodle Casserole is a very nice way to use it up! Lot's of big flavor with minimum ingredients, I like that in a recipe:@) Serve veggies on the side or you can cut back a bit on the meat and stir some right into the casserole.

I'm sure we've all noticed that toys and other items have become a little scarce in 2020... But the 1:6 scale doll house furniture at Dollar Tree is actually made here in the USA, so it's one item that has been replenished regularly. Barbie says that's a good thing:@) I picked up an extra set of the kitchen chairs (you get two for $1), because I thought it might be fun to add a slipcover so I could use them as livingroom furniture. Or with a fancier fabric, maybe diningroom or bedroom chairs. It turned out to be an easier project than anticipated, so I wanted to share the pattern and tutorial.

I used denim from an old pair of jeans for a casual every day look.
What I did:
Cut a rectangle, 4" wide by 16" long.
Add 1/4" hem to each short 4" side (I frayed the denim instead).
Lay the fabric over the chair, wrong side out. Let the back side of the chair touch the floor, drape fabric over the top of the chair, push against the bend/crease in seat, and flatten it onto the seat. Place a pin on each side where the back of the chair meets the seat (see pic below).
Sew 1/4" hem up each side of the chair back of the slipcover, back stitch at start and finish.
Turn right side out and push the two corners out.
Sew 1/4" hem (or use Liquid Stitch) down the four remaining unfinished sides.
Note: At this point you have a simple chair covering. Option, glue or sew ribbon to the open lower sides to tie a decorative bow on each side. 

I also made one in a Christmas fabric.
This one has the bottom hems, I simply frayed the denim on the bottom.

Another idea, wrap some ribbon around the lower back...
This Philadelphia Eagles ribbon is 5/8" wide.

The chairs I started with (although mine are hot pink):

Have a nice weekend everyone:@)

2 comments:

  1. The casserole sounds so good, I love ham with pineapple...and your Barbie furniture is adorable! Happy New Year Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. The casserole looks yummy and the Barbie living room is so cute. Happy, Healthy 2021 to you, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!