Monday, November 9, 2020

Holiday Stuffed Celery -Cream Cheese, Bacon and Dill Pickles & Celery Appetizer Tray

This Holiday Stuffed Celery is cool, crunchy, creamy, salty, puckery and over all, a very nice addition to your relish tray! Especially if you're a dill pickle lover... Use the recipe as a guide, it doesn't have to be 100% exact. Approximately one third generously filled 5 large stalks of celery. I only had dried parsley, it worked fine and added some dark green color, but I would have preferred to mince up some fresh if the store had it. If you're looking for something a little different for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner this year, may I suggest trying some stuffed celery! Or how about bringing a Celery Appetizer Tray... These with pickles and bacon, some with plain cream cheese, some with peanut butter and some with peanut butter and raisins. Now that's different with a retro feel, and a little something to please everyone:@)
Tip: I added the mixture to a disposable icing bag, 
cut a hole in the tip and it made quick work of filling the celery.
Leftover mixture? That would make one very perky bagel:@)

Holiday Stuffed Celery-from Paleo Mom Noms
1 bunch celery, washed, dried, cut into desired length-I like two bite size
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp salt-I used celery salt
3 Tblsp bacon fat (or mayonnaise)-I used the hot bacon fat
1 tsp dried parsley ~or~ a hearty amount of freshly minced parsley
3/4 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried dill weed
1 C finely chopped dill pickles + 1 Tblsp juice ~or~ dill relish, -I just used relish and no extra liquid
6 slices bacon, fried crisp, drained on paper towels and chopped
  1. Prepare celery, set aside.
  2. Mix cream cheese, salt, bacon fat and spices well.
  3. Gently stir in pickles and bacon.
  4. Fill celery with mixture, sprinkle top with extra parsley or dill weed if desired.
  5. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

10 comments:

  1. They sound wonderful Lynn! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! I don't like plain peanut butter, so I love this alternative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I love stuffed celery, it is my go to lunch favorite! {with peanut butter :)} I will have to try your more sophisticated party version!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up with a similar stuffed celery but Mom used cream cheese, olives and pecans. I will try yours. It sounds delicious also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds lovely and I certainly will try it and one could make many different stuffing with celery adn cheese as a base. Good to take on picnics

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great twist for stuffed celery, Lynn. My mom used pimento cheese in hers, and of course, the peanut butter version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never have imagined one could improve on celery with cream cheese... Little did I know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound very interesting! I will have to try them out! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those sound fabulous!! I'm so going to try that - soon! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy, oh boy --I'm definitely making that nummy bacon cheese dip/spread for Easter. My gan will love it, and with our homemade pickles--NUM! Thanks, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!