Monday, October 7, 2019

Baked Bean Nachos with Cheddar, Bacon and BBQ Sauce

You've probably heard me say it before... I love me some beans! These Baked Bean Nachos are my twist on an old recipe from Food Network Magazine. They made a substantial snack for Sunday's football game and will definitely be something I'll make again! While nachos traditionally lean towards the salty snack group, the baked beans beg for something sweet to be added.... So I added some BBQ sauce. Another tasty suggestion, candied jalapenos:@)

I could call this lunch:@)
 Tip: You will want to drain the beans well. If the sauce is thick, heat it a little before adding to the colander.

Baked Bean Nachos-Adapted from New England Nachos, Food Network Magazine
Tortilla chips
Baked beans, drained well in colander
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Bacon, cooked and crumbled-I used a pre-cooked pack of real bacon bits from Aldi
BBQ Sauce-I used Sweet Baby Rays, I'll bet the maple variety is great with these nachos!
Sliced scallions or chives (ideally) or parsley (in a pinch) for garnish
Pickled or candied jalapenos, optional-not optional for me:@)
Sour cream and hot sauce for serving, optional
  1. Make layer of tortilla chips on microwave friendly platter.
  2. Using a fork, add some beans to each tortilla chip.
  3. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, as much as you'd like. You know your crowd...
  4. Sprinkle with bacon. Again, you know your crowd...
  5. Add a light squirt of BBQ sauce. I placed it in a disposable icing bag and cut a small hole.
  6. Repeat layers as desired.
  7. Microwave for approximately 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. You know your microwave.
  8. Sprinkle top with scallions or parsley.
  9. Serve with sour cream and hot sauce on the side and ~lots~ of napkins...
Enjoy a munchie and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Creative Muster
Wonderful Wednesday
A Morning Cup of Joe
Weekend Potluck

3 comments:

  1. These look delicious Lynn! I'd call them lunch too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the only one in our family that likes baked beans and this sounds so good! Thanks for the recipe Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd call that lunch, too, Lynn! I'll have to give these a try because I love baked beans.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!