Saturday, April 13, 2019

Easter Sightings: Barbie Plastic Egg Baby Carrier -Pickle Peeps? and April Little Red Truck

If there's a Barbie in your life, I'm guessing there are probably some plastic Easter eggs too:) Here's a quick craft the kids can make for themselves, and it costs all of about 20¢... It only requires one plastic egg and a pipe cleaner, but it can be embellished and decorated as extravagantly as desired. Stickers would be fun.

Once I made it, it dawned on me it could be a pampered pooch pet carrier too!
DIY pipe cleaner puppy HERE.

Instructions:
 I started with a hinged, medium sized egg, approx 2 1/2".

 Push a pipe cleaner through the two holes in the round side of the egg.
Try to keep the two long ends an even length.
Note: Most new eggs have marks for holes, but you may need to poke the holes completely open.

 Bring the pipe cleaner up the sides of the egg and push it through the two holes in the pointy end of the egg.
Be sure to leave the egg open enough to easily fit the baby or pet. 

 Twist the pipe cleaner together to create a handle.
Completely twist it so it lays flat. 

 Shape the handle and smile😉
Want to make one to surprise your girl?
How about buying the baby, placing him in the egg carrier, 
and setting her Barbie near the Easter basket holding the carrier.

I wasn't sure if I was curious or horrified when Ma sent me a picture of pickle flavored Peeps:@) When I asked her where she saw them she said on her phone, so I did a little research... Turned out to be an April Fool's joke, but one that apparently caught our eye!

And I always like to think about how holiday items may be able to be used for something other than what they are marketed for... I'm lovin' these fun sports theme'd Easter Baskets at Dollar Tree! I can see the football one as a vase or planter centerpiece, or filled with popcorn, or candy, etc for football parties. I also think they'd be great for the beach.

I'll leave you with my Easter little red truck:@)

Have a great weekend everyone:@)

6 comments:

  1. Love the little red truck Easter theme! I will leave the peeps to the rest of the world. There is something about the texture of marshmallows I find less than pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never liked Peeps. Much too sweet and sugary. However,I do enjoy the chocolate marshmallow Easter Eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh thank goodness the pickle peeps were a joke! Yikes! Lovin your truck decked out for Easter!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm also relieved there are no pickle flavored peeps, but I don't think I'll be buying the pancake and syrup ones, either. My kids still love their peeps...original, that is! I do love that pickup truck and how you make it so festive! Enjoy your Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun easter decorations. I do love pickles of course probably not in peeps.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Horrified is right, what a great April Fools joke :) I hadn't seen the Pancakes and Syrup flavor...gotta love Peeps! Cute find at Dollar Tree Lynn! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!