Saturday, April 21, 2018

Went Junkin' - 1970's (early 1980's?) Crochet Daisy Afgahn

Let's see, orange, harvest gold and brown... What's your guess, late 70's or early 80's? For some reason this handmade lap afghan tugged at my heart strings at the thrift store and I just had to bring it home:@) I can't imagine the amount of time (and love) that went into making this cute little blanket. Love, love, love the 3D flower centers and I was amazed that after many washes it was in perfect condition. I'm tickled to have this perky fun throw over the back of a chair in my livingroom this spring!

Find something fun and have a happy weekend:@)

9 comments:

  1. Just had to stop by.
    This is such a lovely blanket, just love the colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that!!! It's perfect for spring and summer - if spring and summer ever arrive. : ) happy sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my grandma making those. She made lots of pretty placemats for her table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband came to our marriage with a quilt with those same colors----but it was a whole lot of ugly! This one is really pretty---great find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mother in Law had a blanket like that, I wonder what happened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Lynn, but darn, I thought you made it and could show us how!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a good looking blanket.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lynn! That is such a fun, retro afghan for Springtime. It must make you happy whenever you look at it. You find the best items at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable thrifty find Lynn and I love those flower centers! Someone's mom or grandmom is glad you rescued it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!