Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Blueberry Coffee Cake with Lemon Sour Cream Glaze

I've wanted to try this Pressure Cooker Blueberry Coffee Cake for a long time but the recipe called for fresh blueberries so I've waited... Until I couldn't wait any longer. I threw caution to the wind and used Dollar Tree frozen blueberries and I'm here to tell ya folks, they were fine and this is a very nice little cake! It's dense and moist and I chose to make a Lemon Sour Cream Glaze that was literally the icing on the cake:@) Don't hesitate to give this one a try, I think you'll like it.

Even though I did spray my pan well this little cake did not pop right out. 
I let it sit upside down on the cooling rack and went shopping... 
By the time I got home the cake had cooperated, released from the pan and was in great condition.

If for some reason your cake breaks or doesn't want to come out of the pan, 
I suggest cutting it into chunks, layering it with lemon pudding and calling it a trifle-our little secret:@)

Instant Pot Blueberry Coffee Cake-from Southern Family Lifestyle
2 C A/P flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C butter, softened
3/4 C sugar
1 egg
3/4 C milk
6 oz blueberries-I just poured some in
Icing or topping of your choice-optional
  1. Grease 6 C bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
  3. In large bowl cut butter into sugar until the size of small peas. Add egg and mix well.
  4. Add flour and milk alternately and mix well. Fold in blueberries.
  5. Pour into pan and spread evenly, batter will be thick.
  6. Cover pan with foil, crimping sides.
  7. Add 1 C water to pressure cooker vessel. Place pan on trivet and put into PC (see HERE for how to create a foil sling for removing the pan if you don't have a long handled trivet).
  8. Close lid, set valve to sealing, select manual 35 minutes (I used 36 minutes for frozen blueberries) and let 'er rip.
  9. Let pressure come down naturally for 20 minutes. Remove cake from vessel, remove tin foil.
  10. Let cool for 10 minutes before turning upside down onto a cooling rack or serving platter.
  11. Cool cake completely before icing.
Icing Options:
Powdered sugar
1/3 C purchased Cream Cheese Frosting, microwave for 15 seconds or until soft enough to drizzle over cake.
Lemon Sour Cream Glaze:
~3/4 C confectioners sugar, 2 Tblsp sour cream, zest of 1/2 lemon. Mix until smooth and drizzle over cake. Can make a smaller amount for this cake.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Meal Plan Monday
Full Plate Thursday

6 comments:

  1. I need a piece of that to go with my cup of tea this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear it turned out good. We get some fresh blueberries each year when Sara takes the kids blueberry picking!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little cake sounds so good, Lynn! The lemon glaze makes it extra special, too. I love the "little secret" if the cake breaks, too. You sure do put your IP to good use, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Lynn...your cake! I love lemon and blueberry together and that sour cream glaze would take it over the top! I've got to take the IP plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got our 8qt IP this week and we're making this!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!