Saturday, February 17, 2018

3-5 Minute No Guilt Microwave Potato Chips

Yep, you read that dangerous title correctly! The minute I clicked on this idea from Bloggy Buddy Jenna I ran walked to the kitchen and had to try it. These Three Ingredient Microwave Potato Chips are a ~darn good~ whole food snack! Now, are they diet food? Nope. I'm not a nutritionist, nor do I play one on this blog:@) But... They have to be healthier than deep fried chips drenched in powdered salt (which I love BTW). My favorite chips were always the darker ones, you can take them out of the microwave sooner, but my russets browned up beautifully. Love-love-love these tasty fun potato chips, don't hesitate to give them a try folks! Every microwave is different, try a couple slices to figure out what amount of time works best for you.

The key is to cut the chips as thinly and consistently as possible. Honestly, the best tool for the job is  mandoline.
One of the best things about this is, you know exactly how much potato you are eating. Who knows how many we mindlessly pull out of that bag...

3-5 Minute Microwave Potato Chips-from The Painted Apron
Russet potato
Olive Oil spray-I only had Canola Oil
Kosher Salt and any other flavoring desired
  1. Wash potato, peel if desired.
  2. Slice as thin as possible. Lay slices on paper towel and pat tops dry.
  3. Spray microwave safe plate with oil, place potatoes on plate in single layer without overlapping. 
  4. Lightly spray top of potatoes with oil, sprinkle with salt and flavorings if desired.
  5. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, flip potatoes for 2 more minutes. Check for crispness, microwave at 1 minute increments (watching closely) until crisp. My microwave is pretty strong, I just set it for 3 minutes, did not flip the potatoes, and you see how they look.
Enjoy a munchie and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Craftastic Monday
The Scoop
Show and Tell
Share Your Cup

7 comments:

  1. I am going to try this for sure!! I'm loving salty snacks right now but not the grease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really are magic aren't they! Thanks for the shout out Lynn, so glad you enjoyed!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make these too - so delicious! And healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So easy, I just MUST try these! Nobody around here will complain :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh these look so tasty and so easy! Great tip on using the safety guard, Lynn. I'm sorry about your thumb tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are calling my name Lynn! I haven't tried Jenna's recipe but as a confessed potatoholic, I have to try them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!