- I didn't have chunky applesauce on hand, so I used regular unsweetened applesauce.
- The recipe, as written, is a huge amount for a ~big~ crowd. It's easily scaled down.
- Leftovers? How about frying up some cabbage and onion, boiling some noodles and serving the sausage on top for dinner.
- Tip: When I buy a 12-16oz horseshoe shaped package of sausage/kielbasa for myself (meals/snacks for one person) I cut it into 5 pieces, wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store them in the freezer.
(2) 23 oz jars unsweetened chunky applesauce-I had regular applesauce
1/2 C brown sugar, packed
2 lbs fully cooked Kielbasa or Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2" slices
1 medium onion, chopped-I suggest finely dicing it to make sure the onion cooks through
- Mix everything, transfer to greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees 40-50 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
- Serve with assorted food picks.