We've all been enjoying this ride:@)
1 C shortening
2/3 C sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/2 C mashed ripe banana-very ripe for the best flavor
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 C A/P bleached flour
- Beat shortening and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in yolk, mix in banana, salt and vanilla.
- Add flour a little at a time mixing well. If dough seems dry, let sit for a couple minutes and press together with your hands.
- Fill cookie press, form cookies onto ungreased cold cookie sheets. Decorate with colored sugar or sprinkles if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, cool on rack.
Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day:@)