Monday, December 18, 2017

Rudolph's Nose Cookies -Cherry Thumbprint Cookie with Chocolate Sprinkles

This is another one of those ideas that's been on my mind for a long time, the three year old in me loves calling them Rudolph's Nose Cookies. Kids would love the cherry flavor and chocolate sprinkles, as well as the silly name... These are basically a shortbread thumbprint cookie with either almond extract or, I happened to find some cherry extract on sale, so that's what I used. And pretty, dried candy cherries make a shiny reindeer nose that glows:@) Try to keep the dough balls small, well under 1" so the cherry takes center stage.

You will have to plan some time to make these.
But I say, put on some Christmas music and pour your favorite beverage of choice...
And have fun:@)

Rudolph's Nose Cookies
1/2 C butter, softened
1/4 C brown sugar, packed
1 egg, separated
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond or cherry extract
1 C A/P flour
Chocolate jimmies-you'll need a couple jars
Candied cherries-I found mine at Dollar Tree
  1. Beat butter, brown sugar and egg yolk until creamed.
  2. Mix in extracts.
  3. Mix in flour. This will be a dry, crumbly mixture. Let it sit for a couple minutes so the butter/yolk/extracts help hydrate the flour. 
  4. Press dough together with fingers. Form into small 3/4" balls. Just big enough to press a cherry into.
  5. Dip dough balls into egg white, let excess drip off. Roll in jimmies until completely covered.
  6. Bake at 300 degrees for 5 minutes.
  7. Remove from oven and press a whole cherry into the center of each cookie.
  8. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. 
  9. Cool on rack.
Tis the season to be silly...
Have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Craftastic Monday
The Scoop
Show and Tell
Foodie Friday

5 comments:

  1. Adorable Lynn...your Rudolph nose cookies glow so bright! I love the addition of the cherry extract too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name, too! They'd be perfect for next year's cookie exchange, though I'd happily indulge right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the look of those, Lynn. I must look at the Dollar Tree for candies cherries! We need to keep our inner child as long as we can. I've been playing Christmas music while baking, and it is soothing. Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea! Merry Christmas to you and your boys, Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!