I think they are best/cutest when kept to a very small one-two bite size.
I used a 1 tsp measuring spoon.
Cream Cheese Mints-from Taste of Home
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp peppermint extract-they say almond extract can be subbed
3 C powdered sugar
Colored sugar, chocolate chips, Sixlets, other candy decor-optional
- Mix cream cheese and extract well.
- Mix in 1 1/2 C powdered sugar. If using food coloring add it now.
- Knead in remaining 1 1/2 powdered sugar.
- Shape into 1/2" balls and roll in colored sugar if desired. Place on waxed/parchment paper/silicone mat and flatten with fork. If using candy decor just press it down into the center of the mint ball.
- Let stand until firm, approx 2 hours.
- Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight container in fridge.
Have a sticky sweet happy day:@)