Saturday, December 16, 2017

Cream Cheese Mints

I've wanted to try these Cream Cheese Mints for years and I'm glad I finally did:@) They do truly melt in your mouth and can be presented in a few different ways. We can simply tint the mixture with food coloring and give the mints an indent with the times of a fork, or decorate them a little more festively with colored sugar, and/or a chocolate chip or large candy Sixlet. I think they'd also be pretty with colorful candy melt or chocolate bottoms... All I can say folks is, my crew loved them, I hope yours does too!

I think they are best/cutest when kept to a very small one-two bite size. 
I used a 1 tsp measuring spoon.

Cream Cheese Mints-from Taste of Home
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp peppermint extract-they say almond extract can be subbed
3 C powdered sugar
Colored sugar, chocolate chips, Sixlets, other candy decor-optional
  1. Mix cream cheese and extract well.
  2. Mix in 1 1/2 C powdered sugar. If using food coloring add it now.
  3. Knead in remaining 1 1/2 powdered sugar.
  4. Shape into 1/2" balls and roll in colored sugar if desired. Place on waxed/parchment paper/silicone mat and flatten with fork. If using candy decor just press it down into the center of the mint ball.
  5. Let stand until firm, approx 2 hours. 
  6. Store between layers of waxed paper in airtight container in fridge.
Have a sticky sweet happy day:@)

4 comments:

  1. SO easy, festive and yummy! Perfect for gifting (or hoarding for oneself :))!!! Happy Sunday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they pretty little bite sized treats?? I think I made some many, many years ago, but I see that I need to make them again, after seeing yours. I'm glad your family loved them. They're so lucky to have you, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so festive Lynn and what a perfect no-bake treat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!