Since I was "messing" with the boys favorite dessert, apple pie...
I tossed in a handful of raisins as a peace offering:@)
The only other thing I might do differently next time is, add a tsp of vanilla to the custard.
Two other Impossible Pie favorites: Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake HERE and Coconut Custard Pie HERE.
Don't hesitate to try any of them folks-they are all good!
Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie-adapted from Betty Crocker
3 C apples, peeled, cored and sliced-palm full of raisins optional
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 C Bisquick-I used the Aldi brand, had less than 1/2 C, topped measuring cup with flour
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C milk-I used Half and Half
1 Tblsp butter, softened
1/2-1 tsp vanilla-optional, my suggestion
1/2 C Bisquick-I subbed 1/4 C flour, 1/4 C oats
1/4 C nuts, chopped-I used walnuts
1/4 C brown sugar
2 Tblsp butter, firm
Grease 9" pie plate.
- Mix apples, cinnamon and nutmeg in bowl, pour apples into pie plate.
- Mix remaining pie ingredients in bowl, until well mixed. Pour over apples.
- Mix streusel in bowl until crumbly, sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, store in refrigerator.