This is a half batch using my 5" baking dish.
Impossibly Easy Zucchini Pie
1 C zucchini, chopped (I grated it)
1 C tomatoes, chopped (I seeded mine)
1/2 C onions, chopped
1/3 C Parmesan cheese, grated
2/3 C Bisquick**
3/4 C milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and grease a pie dish.
- Sprinkle first four ingredients into dish.
- Mix the rest in a bowl and pour evenly into pie dish.
- Bake 35 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, cut and serve.
- I chose to sprinkle the salt over my shredded zucchini, and let it sit while I cut up the rest of the veggies. I then gave the zucchini a squeeze with my hands before adding to the pie dish. This got rid of the excess liquid. Since you do squeeze out some of the salt too, add a little more.
- I layered the veggies starting with tomatoes. I don't recommend that, I'd mix them all up next time.
- It took about 27-30 minutes in my counter top convection oven.
- **Bisquick substitute: 1 C flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 Tblsp shortening. Mix well with a fork.
Impossible Coconut Custard Pie
3/4 C sugar - I used 2 Tblsp
2 C milk - 1/2 C
4 eggs - 1 egg
1 tsp vanilla - 1/4 tsp
1/2 C Bisquick - 1/8 C
1 1/3 C coconut - 1/4 C + a Tblsp
- Put everything except coconut in blender, mix slow for 3 minutes. (Since I made a small amount I used my 3 cup food chopper.)
- Pour into greased pie plate.
- Sprinkle coconut over top (I push it down into the custard).
- Bake at 350 degrees, 45 minutes (about 38 minutes in my little oven). Cool and enjoy.