Saturday, April 1, 2017

Cheesy Asparagus

Oh Momma, I do encourage you to try this Cheesy Asparagus while fresh asparagus is in season! Butter, Parmesan, mozzarella and some basic spices made for a very flavorful and substantial side dish. This would be great any time, but is fancy enough for Easter dinner and works well with low carb diets. Don't hesitate to give this one a try folks:@)
 In a perfect world my asparagus would be thicker but when it's $1.29/lb, I'll buy what they have:@)
This was thinner than a pencil, I baked it at 400 degrees for 8 minutes,
gave it a stir, topped it with Mozz and used the broiler for 2-3 minutes until the cheese browned up.
I added the bacon label, I think some bacon fat or crumbles would be a beautiful thing too...

Cheesy Asparagus-from Just A Pinch
1 bunch asparagus, washed, ends trimmed
3 Tblsp melted butter
1 Tblsp grated Parmesan
3/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp house seasoning (even parts garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper)
pinch of Italian seasoning
salt to taste, for sprinkling once out of the oven
  1. Place asparagus on baking sheet and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with Parm and house seasoning, mix well, spread out into single layer.
  2. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
  3. Remove from oven and top with Mozzarella, sprinkle with a pinch of Italian seasoning.
  4. Return to oven for 5-7 minutes or until cheese has melted and browned a bit.
This is truly the essence of eating well, have a happy day:@)

5 comments:

  1. That looks so tasty, Lynn, with all that melty cheese...YUM! Bacon would be a nice additon, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often add Parmesan to my roasted asparagus, but now I need to add some mozz! Love those browned cheese spots---so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything's better with Parmesan I always say Lynn! Looks divine and fancy schmancy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that asparagus looks so good Lynn...I love the idea of adding bacon too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing. I will be giving this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!