Sunday, February 26, 2017

Funfetti Birthday Cake Spritz Cookies (Spritz Cookies from a Cake Mix)

Continuing with my Monthly Spritz Challenge... As soon as I saw that someone made spritz from a gingerbread cake mix I knew I had to try Funfetti Birthday Cake Spritz Cookies. I used the clover disc for March, they turned out cute and taste just like cake, imagine that:@)

 I'd love to see a disc that makes four circles, just like the big Mirro clover but instead of a stem, another ball. 
That would be a great any-day shape for cookies. 

One cake mix completely filled my old Mirro barrel, you'll probably get two barrels worth in the skinnier newer presses. 
And um, don't get distracted and turn your back on the press... oops.

Spritz from a Funfetti Cake Mix-adapted from Pots n' Pens
14.5-18.5 oz box of funetti cake mix
1 egg
2 Tblsp softened butter
3 Tblsp water, approximately-you may need a little more or a little less
  1. Add mix, egg and butter to large bowl.
  2. Slowly pour in water a tablespoon at a time, mixing between additions until your dough comes together and is the consistency of Play Dough.
  3. Fill press, form on ungreased, cold cookie sheets.
  4. Bake at 375  degress for approximately 8 minutes or until tops begin to brown.
  5. Let sit on baking sheet for a minute or so before removing to cooling rack.
Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day:@)

6 comments:

  1. Now those are some happy looking shamrocks, Lynn, and tasting like cake would appeal to kids. My current disc doesn't even have a stem on the shamrock. My old mirro one did, but it was even different than yours. It had, I believe, four designs on each disc, and I would have to unscrew the disc to rotate the design. The barrel held a lot of dough, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, I've enjoyed your spritz series very much! These cake spritz sound yummy, like mini cakes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun shamrocks Lynn! Everything tastes better with sprinkles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cookies that taste like cake, I'm in!! Cute little shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and festive! Now that I've found the box in which my spritz press resides, I should see what sort of shapes I can make :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookies that taste like cake is the best of both worlds. They are cute! You are a super spritz cookie lady :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!