Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Lemon Dijon Chicken, Diabetes Friendly-George Foreman Grill

This Lemon Dijon Chicken has a lot of big flavor for such a quick soak in the marinade! I loved the tangy lemon and dill is always a winner here. This cooks up very quickly and would be great for dinner or a perky addition to a winter salad. Don't hesitate to give the recipe a try folks, and if you don't have a grill they can be made under the broiler.

The recipe called for skewering the meat and just brushing it with the sauce. (Honestly, no skewering is necessary if using an indoor grill.)
I chose to cut the breasts about 1/4" thick and soak the meat in the marinade while the grill heated up. Then I skewered the meat and gave it one final brushing of marinade before placing on the grill.
These were cooked on a George Foreman Grill, I took them off the skewers for pics...
and to nibble on, I was hungry:@)

Lemon Dijon Chicken-from Everyday Diabetic Recipes
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 C fresh lemon juice
2 Tblsp Dijon mustard
1 Tblsp canola oil-I forgot this
2 tsp chopped fresh dill or 1/4 tsp dry dill weed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
24 (10") skewers
  1. Mix first seven ingredients in bowl large enough to hold the chicken.
  2. Add chicken to bowl and completely cover chicken with marinade.
  3. Plug in George Foreman Grill, allow to heat for at least a full five minutes.
  4. Skewer chicken (or simply place chicken on grill), grill until chicken is cooked through, approximately 2-4 minutes.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

5 comments:

  1. What a great, easy chicken dish, and I happen to have everything to make it (except the George Foreman). I'll be using my outdoor grill, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the dill really amps up the flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chicken sounds delicious and, best of all, easy!! Perfect weeknight meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really would be good on chicken! I can't eat sugar so this is a recipe I would like! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an easy marinade Lynn! I have to confess that my eyes keep drifting over to that big pile of bacon in your BLT dip! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!