The only thing I did differently: I just can't boil zucchini... nope-too soggy. Simply microwave 1/2" slices on each side for 30 seconds (for older store bought squash) or 15 seconds (for tender young fresh from the plant squash). I think you can easily scale the topping back to about 1/4th for a 6"-ish thin zucchini if serving one or two people.
Just a heads up~It's looking like Zucchini-Palooza here at Pig In Mud for a while-Woo Hoo:@)
Panko and Parmesan Topped Zucchini Appetizer-from Every Day Diabetic Recipes
2 zucchini cut on diagonal 1/2-3/4" thick
1/2 C panko breadcrumbs
1 Tblsp grated Parmesan
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tblsp reduced fat mayonnaise-I only had regular
- Heat broiler, line baking sheet with foil.
- Either add zucchini slices to boiling water for 3-5 minutes, drain and pat dry, or microwave 15-30 seconds on each side (recommended).
- Mix toppings, brush the top of each slice with mayo, spoon on topping and press down lightly.
- Broil 4" from heat for 2 minutes or until the crumbs brown up nicely (watch closely).
- Sprinkle with additional salt (if there's room in your diet for it) and serve immediately.