Wednesday, June 17, 2015

White Vinegar as a Weed Killer

Did you know that pouring White Vinegar on the Weeds that pop up between the cracks in the sidewalk or your driveway is an inexpensive, natural way to kill them? News to me! I always have vinegar (especially in the summer for pickles) and one gallon costs about $1.88 at the ShopRite, so I tried it and it worked great! I just glug-a-glugged it over the weed (didn't use much) and the pic on the right is about four hours later.

 Here's the victim two days later. And the amazing thing is, this was under the carport and it rained the night I poured the vinegar... 
Imagine how well this works in full blazing sun!
I have used it on the crabgrass in the cracks of the pavement and it worked equally well.
So don't hesitate to give this a try folks, I'm glad I did:@)

Have a happy day!

14 comments:

  1. I may just try that out this afternoon! thanks for sharing!
    and happy day!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tip! I just bought some vinegar yesterday to run through my Keurig! I'm going to try this! Thanks for sharing, Lynn!
    Have a great day!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, Thank you so much for this!!! You won't believe this but my hubby and I were just discussing using vinegar for the weeds this weekend and wondering if it would be worth the trouble of applying or if we should just go with the usual expensive "pet-friendly" in the big jug variety! Well now we will definitely use this! My yard may smell like vinegar but I'll feel much better about what I am adding to our environment! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a big jug of white vinegar that is use for cleaning drains and my electric tea kettle. I will try it on those pesky weeds. Thanks for the before and after photos, Lynn, and the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've recently read about vinegar too and now that I've seen pictures, you can bet I will try it. It's a LOT cheaper than toxic weed killer. Boiling water works good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good info! It works and is cheap! Yay!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That is news to me too! Thanks for sharing! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard about it, but never tried it. I think I will; it looks like it does a great job. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vinegar has so many uses. I've never heard of this....thanks for the tip! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will spray this on the weeds around my garden, great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great tip Lynn! I hate using chemicals with the birds and the bees, not to mention they're expensive :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband has been using vinegar like this for a couple of years now. The big bottles are really cheap and it works!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love this! Turn your weeds into a salad :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!