Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving Dinner, from the archives

I thought it might be fun to put together a Thanksgiving Feast using nothing but previous posts. While this might be a little... eclectic, I'd love to have some of these things on my dinner plate! So "welcome" and I hope you find something you'd like to try in these suggestions.

Oh and, Earl says every table needs a centerpiece:@)

Appys-We'll start with meatballs, they're easy to make ahead and folks can serve themselves.

Stovetop Stuffing Meatballs-easy if you're new to cooking or short on time!

Main Dish-Great if you're cooking for a small group and want to try something new:

Sides-Here's a nice twist on some classics:

Corn and Chile Casserole-Wonderful flavors!

Amish Schnitzel Green Beans-my boys love them.

Cranberry Tangerine Chutney-amazing, a new tradition for me!

Relish Tray-Gotta have one! How about:
Refrigerator Bread and Butter Pickles (make them this weekend, can sub bell pepper for jalapenos)

And my funny bloggy blooper-Deviled Egg Turkeys


Dessert-Whether you prefer pie or cake...


Party Favors/Hostess Gifts-
Maple Walnut Fudge, with or without dried cranberries


I hope your Thanksgiving plans have fallen into place and that your favorite team wins on Thursday...
As long as that's the Eagles this year:@)

Have a happy day!

18 comments:

  1. What a feast. I must have missed those green beans somehow, so I'm off to check them out. But I'm taking a few crackers topped with cream cheese and cranberry tangerine chutney lalong with me...
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'll pour me a glass of wine, I'll sit down right now at your table!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I was not invited to this feast!!! Looks wonderful. Love the little gifts at the end, the bread rolls and the devilled Turkeys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cranberry recipes are now on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully it's lunch time here. Otherwise I would be cooking! :) Yummy shots.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynnie! Oh, my pie crust is just gorgeous! I may need to try those rolls, they look delicious! Thanks for popping in and I wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a feast for the foodie eyes, Lynn! You've shared so much inspiration with all these recipes. I particularly love Earl all decked out for your centerpiece...how fun is that??!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i still love those turkey devils. :) and earl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful menu, and a feast for the eye too, and Earl looks fabulous :-D! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see several recipes I might need to use next week! Does Earl visit around as a centerpiece? :)
    hugs and happy turkey day!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a fun trip down memory lane! For some strange reason, those B&B pickles are calling my name????!!!! Must be too much cookie tasting this past week...I'm craving salty crunchy now.
    Thanks for sharing the ideas & the links, Lynn. Happy T'day to you & your gang, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of fun and delicious ideas. Hope Earl doesn't get his turkey feathers ruffled this week :) Happy Thanksgiving, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a perfect feast to me, I'm not big on traditional turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes, bring on the turkey kebobs and the stuffing meatballs! Save me some fudge too, sound much better than pumpkin pie! Earl looks great disguised as a turkey :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to be having dinner at your house, Lynn. Your recipes look fantastic. thanks for the link to my Cranberry Tangerine Chutney. I'm happy you like this recipe. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful recipes! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your falling leaves pie is my absolute FAVORITE! So darn pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the Thanksgiving feast and buffet Lynn! I'm happy to have a little chocolate turkey party favor and those cute deviled egg turkeys to gobble!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!