Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Attempt At Deviled Egg Turkeys...

On today's episode of Bloggy Bloopers we share a first attempt at Deviled Egg Turkeys. Looking at those turkeys Johnny, I'd say someone laid an egg...

I've been trying to come up with an idea for Deviled Egg Turkeys for a while now and decided to use Giardiniera for my garnishments. Since the carrots are crinkle cut I just sliced a small piece from between the bumps to make feathers. The cut only goes down about half way. I tried to find a jar with nice red peppers for the heads and would look for wide strips of them the next time (the one in the middle looks like he already met with the farmer...) I just cut the tips into a point, kinda beak-ish.

For my second attempt I made thin slices from the carrot and celery and stuck them in individually as feathers. I do think the green tames the flaming orange. The heads are the same although Stubby stumbled over to the left... 
If you need me, I'll be in the kitchen...

So, how are your Thanksgiving plans coming along?
Have a happy day:@)

19 comments:

  1. oh, that is too cute!!! 'already met with the farmer' ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot! Or would that be cackle? Love deviled eggs!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were just talking about deviled eggs today at Bible study - these look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun...nobody *plays* with their food better than you do, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very cute! That's definitely a grandmother/grandchild project. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Lynn, I think your turkeys are pretty cute! I know they tasted good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look pretty good.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea for Thanksgiving. My hubby would be thrilled with these babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynnie! You're so cute and so are your turkey deviled eggs. So creative and I'll bet little kids would gobble these down! ;)
    Thanks for popping in to see me and you're always a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There you go again, having too much fun in the kitchen, Lynn! I'm thinking that I like the turkey with the celery inserted, too. I like the contrast of "feathers". xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. The'd be in my mouth so fast that I wouldn't notice! I love deviled eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, I think they are adorable. You have such fun Lynn.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG... I am sooo laughing at these turkeys... Sorry... they just struck me funny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are adorable. Love for you to share them on friday food frenzy. Focusing on Thanksgiving recipes. Hope to see you there. http://www.stayingclosetohome.com/share-thanksgiving-dishes-grab-ideas-fridayfoodfrenzy-118.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. How adorable! Love this idea! Pinning! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Waaay too cute...I haven't even started thinking about our menu yet..have a big bunco gathering this coming week that I'm working on the menu now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the recipes for Corn and Chile Casserole, the Green Beans a la Amish, and the fantastic Orange-Tangerine Chutney recipe from Wives with Knives. Thanks for the tutorial on the adorable Turkey Deviled Eggs---my grandson will love these. Happy Thanksgiving. Your recipes are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!