The recipe comes from Martha Stewart but I first saw it on Pam's blog here, make sure you check out her pic for how it really should look. This is one of those recipes I just had to try for the novelty of it, glad I did!
- I think it's important to mention that it has the consistency of a very grainy mustard.
- This is sweet, with a touch of tang and tastes, as you'd imagine, like bacon:@)
- It makes approximately 2 1/2 cups as written. All I kept thinking as I was cooking the bacon was "that's a lot of pig!".
- I've topped bagels with it, made the eggs and added a heaping spoonful to guacamole-man that's good! I plan to freeze cubes of it to add to beans or pea soup. Martha suggests using it as an appetizer and sending small jars of it home with your guests-a very good idea!
- Do I feel this needs to be made in a crock pot? No, I think the oven or a very low setting on the stove (with a nice heavy bottomed pan and occasional stirring) would work as well.
We'll be discussing his attitude later...