Cilantro Salt I made last summer. This recipe is easily split in half, although I did add a whole can of beans, just because they're good... An extra squeeze of lime juice at the table would add a nice little pop of flavor too!
Chicken Fajita Soup-from Two Peas & Their Pod
2 boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced or shred
1 Tblsp olive oil
medium size onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 jalapeno, diced
1 small red bell pepper, cut in strips
1 small green bell pepper, cut in strips
1 small yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
2 (15oz) cans chicken broth
2 (15oz) cans diced tomatoes with juice-I used fire roasted
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Juice of one lime
1/4 C chopped cilantro
S&P to taste
- Cook onion in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and peppers, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add everything else and simmer for 20 minutes, add S&P.
- Optional garnishes: sour cream, shredded cheese, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, tortilla chips, lime juice
- Note: for a vegetarian option, use veggie stock and omit the chicken.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)
My New Foods List:
(If my sons happen to read this... relax! I still promise