Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Small Batch Pineapple Jam

Every once in a while I want to make something with crushed pineapple and only have the big (20 oz) size can instead of the little one. This Pineapple Jam comes together in no time, as a matter of fact, the most time consuming part is waiting for the water bath to boil! But since it only makes around two to three 8 oz jars (and it's nice to share:@) you can easily store this in the fridge without processing.
A 20 oz can of crushed pineapple will give you approximately 2 1/4 C of fruit/juice. A small batch of jam calls for 1 1/3 C fruit/juice. You'll find that you can use 1 C for your cooking/baking recipe and the rest for a small batch of jam. This is great on a bagel with cream cheese folks!

Pineapple Jam-Small Batch 
1 1/3 C crushed pineapple with juice
Juice of one lemon
1 1/2 Tblsp pectin
1 C sugar-or up to 1 2/3 C
  1. Add pineapple, lemon juice and pectin to sauce pan, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
  2. Add sugar and bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
  3. Pour into sterilized jars. Add lids and rings.
  4. At this point you can let them cool on the counter then store in the fridge or process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Have a sticky sweet happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Full Plate Thursday
Craftastic Monday

17 comments:

  1. This is a great idea and I can taste it on ham sandwiches too..Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Lynn, I love pineapple anything! This would be handy when I make cranberry relish in the fall. I always add a little crushed pineapple and then have some leftover, but I've never tried to make jam or jelly. I think even I could manage this recipe! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not big on pineapple, but we sure have been enjoying peach preserves. Enjoy you pineapple jam. It sure looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pineapple and this would taste so good on a bagel with cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how easy is that! I bet it would be wonderful spooned over vanilla ice cream too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not heard of pineapple jam - but my husband would love this. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a nice scoop of this along side baked ham, or even on a burger, taste Hawaiian! Love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely jam! It's hard to find a pineapple jam at the market, so nice to have a tried and true recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so unique! I'd love it on a ham and cheese sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynn, that sounds yummy (as your recipes always do). I love homemade jam.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's my kind of canning Lynn! Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm amazed how easy that is Lynn. I love anything pineapple too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds wonderful. I'm going to try it.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! I never would have thought to put it on a bagel with cream cheese. I think I HAVE some pineapple jam in the cupboard. I bought it to make the traditional pineapple cookies for Chinese New Year.
    I think I know just what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow! Thanks, Lynn!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have recently bought a bag of frozen pineapple. I wonder how I can use this instead. Maybe running it through the food processor to chop it would release enough of the juice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lynne,
    What a great recipe, we will just love making this one and will have to hide it from some in this cottage. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend and your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!