Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mummy Dip - aka Avocada Dip

I had so much fun with my Whooo You Lookin At Dip last year I wanted to make another Halloween themed one... Here's a super simple Mummy! If you love avocado this is a nice change from Guacamole (please make no mistake, I love me some guac!), this is just creamier and mellower.
And in this reporter's opinion... cuter:@)

Doesn't he look scared- They're gonna do what with those tortilla chips???
Avocado lovers will notice that there isn't any citrus in this recipe to keep it green.
After 4 hours my dip did get darker, so it's best to whip this up and serve it within a couple hours.

Alternate post titles: 
Ghoul Dip
Monster Mash
All Wrapped Up And No Where To Go
Stick A Fork Spreader In Him-He's Done
Be Afraid Of Things That Go Crunch In The Night!
Mummy Knows Best-Avocado Is Good For You!

Avocado Dip
For each mashed avocado:
2 Tblsp sour cream-light is ok
2 tsp very finely minced onion
1 1/2 tsp dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1/8 tsp garlic powder
a few hearty grinds of fresh black pepper
Large green or black olives for eyes-I cut the last 1/3 off... Cook's snack:@)
Sour cream for topping
  1. Mix everything except olives and additional sour cream.
  2. Mound onto a bowl or plate and shape more like an oblong than a circle.
  3. Place eyes.
  4. Put a flatter icing tip into a disposable icing bag (I used a Wilton 101 petal tip).
  5. Fill icing bag with sour cream, about 1/2 C and pipe back and forth to make the bandages. Squeeze any unused sour cream back into the container.
  6. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
  7. Serve with tortilla chips.
My tip: I keep a box of these Wilton Disposable Icing Bags on hand and use them for everything from deviled eggs to, well, icing! Even posted about them here. A craft store coupon makes them affordable and a box lasts me a very long time.
Have a happy day!

PS-Any Halloween Parties out there I don't know about?
I'm Joining:
Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas
Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits
Full Plate Thursday
Tasty Thursdays
Transformation Thursday
Showcase Your Talent
Inspiration Friday
Foodie Friday
Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Linky
Strut Your Stuff
Halloween Spooktacular Link Up
Halloween Party

32 comments:

  1. you are so creative. this would be perfect for a halloween or fall party. cute!! my hubby loves olives. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is darling. Plus I eat this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever!! and so cute :) I have never added the ranch seasoning to avocados, and it sounds so yummy. I think I'll do this for the college kiddos for Halloween this year, they will love it! Thanks for another yummy and entertaining recipe!
    xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute mummy! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn~ So cute! I always get a kick out your alternate post titles~ "All Wrapped Up And No Where To Go" gets my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little olive and pimento eyes made me laugh out loud. HOW CUTE!!!!!

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! Definitely doing this for the party. Halloween hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great presentation :) Very cute. But delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a cute idea...so fun it's spooky! lol~ Now I am in the mood for guacamole and chips! Have a great weekend,
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, sweet Lynn....I enjoy your cute personality even more than your dips....and I am in LUV with your dips.

    Tip:
    Keep a shaker of FRUIT FRESH on hand AT ALL TIMES...wonderful to sprinkle a little on your fresh fruits, including your avocados...keeps everything from turning brown...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would be scared of those chips aimed straight at my eyes too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful! What a cute idea and it's one of our favorite dips in our house.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a SCREAM!!!! I think this dip is perfect for this time of year!!!!
    We are having a houseful next weekend... you bet I am serving this with tortillas!!!
    Thanks for sharing this darling little mummy at TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're not gonna believe this but I made something similar to this last night to use for a dip for veggies. HOWEVER, mine was not super-cute like yours!! You're so creative, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lynn,
    The mummy looks great. It's eyes disturb me. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lynn,
    I love it, it's adorable! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. So funny! I'd have to eat the eyes first so it would stop starring at me :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a fun one. We are always on the lookout for fun dishes for our Halloween dinners and the kids would love digging into this one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's great! Actually made me laugh out loud--those big eyes! So cute. :)

    I just started a new blog and have just begun linking up to some parties. Feel free to stop by sometime:

    www.harvardhomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so so cute!
    I would love to have you join my new link party Wednesday Extravaganza! Come by and share this or other recipes. Here is the link
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/10/wednesday-extravaganza.html

    Can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lynn, this is fabulous! Absolutely love it ~ you are brilliant. xo~m.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I featured this today too! Happy Halloween!
    Kim~madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hahahahaha! Mary, from Home is the Boat, just pinned this & I'm seeing it for the first time. What a hoot!!! Made me laugh out loud instantly.
    I just love how you play with your food, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!