Maple Bacon & Pecan Sticky Buns-from Woman's Day
6 pieces bacon, cooked, crumbled.
1/4 C maple syrup
1/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C pecans, chopped
1 tube refrigerated biscuits-they suggest Pillsbury Flaky Golden Layers
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine maple syrup and brown sugar with pecans.
- Stir in bacon and divide among 8 muffin tins of a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Place biscuits on piece of wax paper and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place biscuits cinnamon side up on top of mixture. Gently press to fit.
- Bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes. I suggest a baking sheet under it to catch drips.
- Remove immediately and invert unto a baking sheet.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.
- To save yourself some time, fry up six extra pieces of bacon while you're making it for something else, chop it and store it in the freezer. That way, these buns will come together even more quickly.
- Ma suggested honey would be a nice alternative to maple syrup.
- These buns would be a great start to game day too and are my PIGskin Challenge this week.