Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pressure Cooker Brown Rice

Did she really just post something this simple? Yes folks I did, because I think it's great and want to make sure you know about it too! I read a few weeks ago that someone makes a big bowl of brown rice on the weekend and leaves it in the fridge for quick meals during the week-I think that's brilliant! What's even better is using the pressure cooker, talk about an amazing consistency-flaky, fluffy single grains, not wet and mushy... and in way less than 30 minutes!
 I used my ♥4 qt electronic pressure cooker from QVC♥ and set the timer to 13 minutes. 
Gotta mention again that this is one of my favorite kitchen toys of all time. 

Pressure Cooker Brown Rice
1 C brown rice
1 1/2 C water
-Set pressure cooker to 13 minutes and let the pressure come down naturally.

Notes: 
  • You barely even need to fluff this folks, it's just beautiful. 
  • I freeze a lot of soups but don't care for frozen rice so this is perfect for adding to soup, etc. as I'm heating up my lunch for the thermos.
  • Did anyone else grow up eating rice for breakfast? Pour milk over warm rice and top with cinnamon and sugar-good stuff:@)
  • Note to self: Smallest amount = 1 C water + 2/3 C rice.
Eat well and have a happy day!

I'm joining:
Hearth and Soul