- Lock-N-Lock containers, I do love them! Doesn't matter if you find them on QVC, Amazon or at Ross, just give them a try. I can keep a head of iceberg lettuce (cored) in the fridge for well over 2 weeks without a problem. This is amazing to me!
- Food Saver sealing machine-all I can say is it does everything they say it does! If you buy whole beef tenderloins or pork loins it will pay for itself in no time... not to mention those great sales on chicken breasts. This may be one of those purchases that seems a bit extravagant at first, but you'll "get it" quickly.
- Little plastic square-ish thingy that keeps the bag of bread closed- I actually save these for re-closing bags of frozen veggies. Works great and I love to recycle/reuse as often as I can!
- I cut a lot of recipes in half (or more) so when I make chicken stock I freeze some in Ball plastic 8 ounce freezer jam jars. This gives me one cup whenever I need it.
- Bananas-I just saw this tip on These Peas Taste Funny about taking them apart at the stem and storing bananas in a plastic bag. Terry says it will slow down the ripening process, while I haven't tried it just yet-I will! My tip is to simply store over ripe bananas in the freezer. I've peeled them and put them into a Ziplock bag and I've also frozen them in the peel in a plastic bag. Both work just fine for banana bread/muffins/cake... oh, and ice cream:@)
Have a happy day!