This is so good I may have eaten all of it! The garlic is so smooth and creamy,
you can really taste the olive oil and I liked it with and without the basil.
Crazy as this sounds, I'll bet it would be great made on the grill, just close the lid. Maybe grill some chicken, make spaghetti on the side burner and you don't even have to heat up the kitchen!
I highly recommend this easy recipe:@)
For six Roma tomatoes (two servings, simply double, etc.):
1 Tblsp olive oil - I use extra virgin
2 tsp sugar
2 garlic cloves, finely diced
S&P, generous pinches of each
Pasta prepared as you like it
Fresh basil if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes in half, remove seeds. Place on baking sheet, in baking dish or in a 10" cast iron pan.
- Add everything except the pasta and basil, toss to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and crush the tomatoes with potato masher or fork.
- Put back into oven for 25 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and toss with pasta. Add basil if using.