I decided to use it to make a trifle for dessert today, my first trifle.
Not much to show folks, here it is out of the oven.
Once it cooled I cubed it and layered it with sweetened strawberries and chocolate pudding.
1 C a/p flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
5 Tblsp butter, softened
3/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp lemon zest (optional, I didn't have a lemon)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1/3 C whole milk (I used 2%)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 rimmed baking sheet (quarter cookie sheet) with parchment.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add zest and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add flour in two additions, alternating with milk.
- Spread into prepared sheet pan. Bake till tester comes out clean, approx 15-17 minutes.
- Take the time to try to spread it out evenly, it doesn't spread much while baking. This is where that offset spatula I bought would have helped... maybe I'll remember it next time!
- I find that this does not cook faster than expected (as my Jelly Roll cake does). See my finger print where the cake stuck to my finger? I won't check it early next time.
- This is a nice cake to cut shapes out of with cookie or biscuit cutters.
- Great cake for a trifle!
Hope you love it if you try it!