PS-There's nothing wrong with the green, it still tastes great, it's just not as pretty as the red.
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and once again Oma is da bomb!
- This is a nice, easy cake.
- I cut the recipe in half and used a 9" cake pan, it took about 37 minutes to bake.
- I'll use a 9" pie plate the next time.
- This is sweet, so there's plenty of room to reduce the sugar.
- I made the topping using the measurements as written. Used room temp butter and tossed everything, including a few shakes of cinnamon into the bowl at once. Mixed with a fork to a fine crumb consistency. It made a very crisp, crunchy topping, almost like candy. It was very good and different!
- I really like this cake and will be freezing packs of 1 1/2 cups of rhubarb for future cakes.
1 1/4 C sugar (I used 1 C, might try 3/4 C next time)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 C a/p flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 C sour cream
3 C diced rhubarb
1 C sugar (I might try cutting back to 3/4 C next time)
1/4 C butter, softened
1/4 C a/p flour
ground cinnamon for dusting (I just added a few shakes into the above and mixed it in)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 9x13 baking dish.
- Stir together sugar, baking soda, salt and flour. Stir in the eggs and sour cream until smooth. Fold in rhubarb. Pour into prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Topping-Stir together remaining sugar and butter till smooth. Add flour until crumbly and sprinkle over cake. Dust lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.