When I saw this Martha Stewart recipe HERE for a big cookie I just had to try it!
I used my enameled 10" cast iron skillet, scrape the batter into the pan then smoosh it down with your fingers-imagine that, Martha saying it was ok to play with your food!
It's crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside, everyone gave it a big thumbs-up!
...not that it's very hard to please the folks at the office, have you ever seen the commotion caused
when someone yells "homemade cookies"??? But I will say I thought it was very good and nice and easy!
Hope you love it if you try it :@)Skillet Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie
2 C flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 C unsalted butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
3/4 C packed light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C chocolate chips
2 pints vanilla ice cream-optional
Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy, add egg and vanilla, mix well.
Add dry and beat until combined, stir in chips.
Transfer dough to a 10" oven proof skillet, press to flatten, covering bottom of pan.
Bake until edges are brown and top is golden 40-45 minutes. Don't overbake, it will continue to cook a few minutes out of the oven.
Transfer to wire rack to cool, 15-20 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve warm, top with a scoop of ice cream and caramel sauce.
- You can easily cut back on the white sugar.
- I agree with "don't over bake", I'll go 40 mins the next time, especially using cast iron.
- They say cut into 8 pieces-wow, that's a very generous portion!!!
- It is big enough to decorate, I think it would be fun for the different holidays or birthdays!
- I did not make the caramel sauce, but as you can see from the reviews it sounds great!