Friday, August 20, 2010

Pina Colada Ice Cream!

Happy weekend everyone! All I can say is, don't let summer end without making this wonderful grown-up ice cream! Creamy luscious coconut milk, bits of pineapple and rum~
Add an Adirondack chair and a special friend~life is good!
Hope you love it if you try it:@)
Pina Colada Ice Cream
2/3 C sugar
One (13.5 oz) can of coconut milk
Enough Half and Half to equal 2 1/3 C liquid
3 egg yolks
3 Tblsp dark rum
One small can crushed pineapple, squeezed and drained well

In a bowl add sugar, pour coconut milk into a measuring cup (you'll get about 1 2/3 cups of it) finish filling the cup with Half and Half until you get 2 1/3 cups of liquid. Add rum. Beat yolks, add to the rest and mix well. Chill for one hour.
Process in your ice cream maker, add the well drained pineapple in the last 5 minutes.
Freeze till desired consistency and enjoy!

I'm joining Laurie's Favorite Things SaturdaySeasonal Sundays, and Metamorphosis Monday (cream to ice cream!) please stop over to see what everyone else is up to!

Follow me to the Barnyard Bash!

22 comments:

  1. And what time is happy hour? Sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my kitchen was not all torn up with floor work, I would be jumping up to make this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOO, it looks so pretty and refreshing. I think I need one of those pretty pieces of stemware you are serving yours in. Have a good weekend. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite...drink and ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need some of that right now- it sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YUM! I would love this. It looks fantastic. Oh, and it is spiked too, will have to bookmark! My kids swear I spike everything. LOL
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sweetie...
    Does this ever look delightful. What time is Happy Hour? We'll just all stop by.

    I think my grown kids would love this. I may have to make it for their Dad's birthday this next week. I think DH would love it for sure. What a surprise it would be. I'll keep you posted.

    Thanks for the wonderful share today. Have a gorgeous weekend sweetie.

    Country hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will love this for sure. Thanks for the recipe....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. HaHa, this is for ths grown ups for sure. Thanks for your sweet comment today. olive

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynn, That sounds just fabulous and it looks pretty, too! Awesome ice cream/drink and I thank you for sharing this!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you linked this pretty concoction to Favorite Things Sat. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG...that sounds and looks amazing!!!! Your herb rolls do, too!!! Have a great weekend!!! dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ice cream...with rum?? This is EXACTLY what I am looking for for Sexy Nerd's birthday bash on Wednesday! Thanks so much :)

    Lamb’s Most Recent Post: YUCK! Sexy Nerd Has a New Hobby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum....sounds wonderful..
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so good, saving it! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds good to me! Hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, wow! This looks great! Pina Coladas are my absolute favorite tropical drink! The only way to make it better would be to turn it into ice cream :) What time is happy hour?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love coconut anything and this sounds soooooo good with the pineapple...can't go wrong there! Lately we've been making a coconut slushy drink at my house. It's addicting! I've been planning to post the recipe but waiting for some cups to come in that I ordered a while back and they've not shown up yet.
    I will make this before summers end for sure!
    Thanks for sharing,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's such a great flavor. Can't imagine how you figured out how to do it but glad to have the recipe. Yuuuuuummmmmm.

    Good news! We're staring a Friday Giveaway link-up party this Fri. 8/27 plus we are giving away custom backsplash! Please join us. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!