Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Harry Potter Hat for Barbie -Recycled Candy Container

My favorite type of Barbie project is where we take something headed to the trash can and re-purpose it into a toy that sparks imagination and doll play. I knew these Hershey Kiss Harry Potter Hat topped candy containers would fit Barbie and Ken, and the plastic is nice and thin, so it's easy to cut too. Cute! I rummaged through my stash of doll glasses, and added a little black sharpie to the rims of this round purple pair. Used a food pick as a staff, and wa-la, a cute and easy start to a costume:@) 
Maybe make a felt cape here.
Or a red and gold felt tie here.
Or add a scarf.

I picked this doll up at the thrift store so I'd have a more mature looking person for dioramas... Ha, but this works:@) Prefer a witch hat? Paint it black...

What I started with, at Walmart and Target:
Simply cut cylinder piece off from inside hat rim.

Other recycled candy container crafts:


Recycle something just for fun, and
Have a Happy Day:@)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!