Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Vanilla Scented Southern Cole Slaw

I saved the recipe for this Vanilla Scented Southern Cole Slaw the minute I saw it and knew it would be a great addition to my coleslaw series here on the blog:@) If you're looking for a slaw recipe that doesn't call for mayonnaise, this is a great one to try. What makes it different? The addition of mustard, vegetable oil and vanilla. And just look at that great color, this was a very nice side salad folks, don't hesitate to give it a try!

Vanilla Scented Southern Cole Slaw-from Nielsen Massey
1/4 C apple cider vinegar
2 Tblsp sugar
2 Tblsp vegetable oil
1 Tblsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp black pepper
4 C thinly sliced cabbage
1 C thinly sliced red cabbage
3/4 C shredded carrot
~Mix everything well, place in refrigerator until ready to eat, best served within and hour or two.

6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of no mayo coleslaw, but I don't think I'd like the vanilla. I have all the other ingredients tho, so may try it out. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing this tonight! Thank you for the recipe. We need something different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all kinds of cole slaws and this sounds different with the addition of vanilla. Might have to make for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanilla? Now that is different!! Do you taste it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy, yep, it's faint but the vanilla is there:@)

      Delete
  5. Sounds interesting, I love coleslaw. The vanilla sounds a little bit weird but sometimes that can make a great and unexpected flavour combo. I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!