Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Mustard Deviled Eggs

These Mustard Deviled Eggs have a bit more kick than the standard recipe and the filling is also a richer golden color because of the extra mustard. I love the slight tang and the addition of garlic powder was very nice too. If you taste the filling before adding it to the whites you may think it seems a little strong, but the whites help balance everything out very nicely.

 So if you're looking to change things up a bit, 
don't hesitate to give this zippy variation a try folks:@)
 Oh and, while they say the paprika is optional, 
I encourage you to use it liberally, it adds great flavor to the eggs:@)

 Mustard Deviled Eggs-from McCormick
12 hard boiled eggs, peeled, cut in half lengthwise
1/3 C mayonnaise
2 Tblsp yellow mustard
1 Tsp sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt-more or less to taste
paprika for garnish-optional
~Mash yolks, mix in everything else, spoon mixture back into egg whites, sprinkle with paprika if desired.

4 comments:

  1. I'm always up for a deviled egg, Lynn, and I do like some paprika sprinkled on top! Thanks for the zippy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe sounds like the way I make them except for the garlic powder. Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 11, open April 1 to 26. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed. I’d like to invite you to check out my other current link parties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to treat Bill. A neighbor always brings deviled eggs to our 4th of July gathering....Bill could eat the whole platter! So easy, I have no excuse not to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eggs sure look good Lynn. Thanks for the recipe and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!