Monday, March 30, 2020

Two Ingredient Jello Salad -Jello and Cream Cheese

Full disclosure: Here in Philly, I don't think we'd call this a salad... But, we would call it a pretty darn tasty dessert:@) I wanted to try this Two Ingredient Jello Salad and thought serving it in an egg shaped bowl would be fun for Easter. I made half of the recipe in one of those big 7"-ish plastic eggs with the clear top from Walmart, I've also seen them at Dollar Tree. I used strawberry Jello and love that the consistency kinda turns out like a mousse.

This is best mixed in a blender or with an immersion blender, 
you do want the cream cheese to get fully incorporated into the Jello.
Recipe is easily cut in half by using a four serving size Jello and 4 oz cream cheese.
Can this be molded?
I honestly don't know but will say the recipes I've seen pour it into a bowl or serving dish.

Two Ingredient Jello Salad-from Mamagourmand
6 oz Jello (large box)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 C boiling water
1/2 C cold water
Whipped topping, optional if desired
Sprinkles, optional if desired
  1. Pour Jello into blender, add 2 C boiling water. Add lid, cover hole in lid with dish towel, slowly (and very carefully) mix until Jello has dissolved.
  2. Add cream cheese and cold water to blender, add lid, cover hole in lid with dish towel, and slowly mix until fully incorporated. Scrape down sides of blender with spatula occasionally.
  3. Pour into bowl, refrigerate until solid, at least 2 hours.
  4. Serve with whipped topping and sprinkles if desired.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds so easy to make and perfect for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make a similar salad like this with lime jello and pineapple, Lynn, and the same with strawberry jello and strawberries. I like your pretty garnish on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love that it comes out like a mousse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good, looks good too! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 11, open April 1 to 26. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed. I’d like to invite you to check out my other current link parties too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that it only has 2 ingredients gonna have to try this soon
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!