Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Foil Pouch Grill Roasted Potatoes Wit Wiz (aka Velveeta Cheese Sauce)

We're big fans of grilled potatoes and these Foil Pouch Grill Roasted Potatoes Wit Wiz are a fun side dish! Wit Wiz? That's a Philly thing, a lot of cheese steaks are served with a Velveeta type cheese spread, and that's how you say it when you order it:@) My co-worker says she adds Velveeta to the potatoes inside the foil pouch, I cooked the potatoes and gave them a squirt of cheese once off the grill.

I am soooo happy to be grilling again...

Dollar Tree sells these foil packets of Velveeta, the cheese is soft and spreadable.
Plenty for at least four servings.
There's a variety that has jalapeno in it (purchased by accident)... 
That's pretty darn good too:@)

Foil Pouch Grill Roasted Potatoes Wit Wiz (Velveeta Cheese Sauce
  1. Heat grill to medium hot.
  2. I plan on one medium size baking potato per person/packet. Cut potatoes into 1/2-3/4" chucks and place on large piece of tin foil. I always think I should spray the foil with a little cooking spray but never remember to do it.
  3. Add diced onion, as much as you'd like.
  4. Add a generous sprinkling of your favorite seasoned salt-I used Lawry's Original.
  5. Add a dab of butter.
  6. Pull sides of foil up, center over potatoes and fold down a couple times. Fold sides in to totally enclose the potatoes. I like to wrap a second piece of foil over them too.
  7. Place on grill and cook medium/high for 20 minutes. 
  8. Flip packets upside down and cook for another 15 minutes.
  9. Carefully unwrap foil packets (steam will escape) and shake potatoes onto plates or serving tray.
  10. Make small hole in Velveeta packet and squeeze over potatoes. I put my cheese into a disposable icing bag for prettier presentation.
Let's fire up the grill and have a happy day:@)

7 comments:

  1. I have never met a potato I didn't like :-) Hope you are having a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew potatoes could get browned and crispy inside foil! I usually roast ours in the oven but would love to try them on the grill this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What??!! Dollar Tree sells the cheese sauce? I'll be checking that out tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up, Lynn! I'm happy that you're grilling again, too, as I need the inspiration. As soon as all the rain quits, I'll be grilling, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those roasted potatoes sound so good with the cheese. I love DT and grilling. I will have to try this out the next time we have a bbq.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm.....grilled potatoes sound wonderful! And cheesy grilled potatoes sound even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not ashamed to admit I love Velveeta cheese, and their sauce pouches! This is a must try, thanks Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love 'Wit Wiz' Lynn! I was at Dollar Tree this afternoon. I'll have to look more closely next time I'm there. Enjoy your grilling weather. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!