Saturday, February 2, 2019

Saturday Snippets-Deviled Eggs for the Big Game, Piggy Pops and Barbie's Super Bowl Plans

Hosting or heading to a Super Bowl party this weekend and need to bring a side dish? Deviled Eggs are an inexpensive, protein rich, popular snack. I also love the fact that they can be changed up and taste great with different add-ins and flavors (Buffalo Wing Sauce anyone???). They can also be decorated or embellished a bit to add to the festivities. So why not mix up a batch of your favorite recipe and use half to create something a little different:@)

Looks like the As Seen On TV folks have a new item...
Piggy Pops!
Ha, ha, kinda cute and Pig In Mud approved:@)

And finally, it's Super Bowl Weekend and even Barbie is excited for the big game!
A sign of things to come? I found this Los Angeles Rams miniature coffee mug at the thrift store last fall. I thought the Rams were playing well at the time (and they didn't have an Eagles one) so I picked it up for 50¢. Well, here we are a few months later, about to watch Super Bowl VIII and the Rams are in it! The scale of the mug is too large for a doll's coffee cup, it's about the size of a thimble, but it works well as a vase or diorama decoration.
Barbie says, even though your home team might not be playing... 
It's always fun to have a football party!

Barbie's centerpiece is a cute button and bead bouquet in the NFC team colors of gold and blue.

Button and Bead Bouquet:
  1. I used daisy flower buttons and green tinsel pipe cleaners for stems. 
  2. Simply push pipe cleaner through the button hole, twist to hold button in place, shape the stem, and position the flower as desired.
  3. A couple fuzzy pipe cleaner swirls add a little Rams blue accent.
  4. And of course the football bead is a nice nod to the big game.
  5. Twist all of the pipe cleaners together at the bottom and secure them inside the cup with some hot glue.

And every party has to have some munchies...
I'm lovin' these fantastic Cookies from the Etsy Shop One Sixth Restaurant!
Adorable and the perfect scale... I wish I could take a bite.
What team are you rooting for???

Whether it's the food, folks around you or funny commercials...
I hope you all enjoy the best of Super Bowl Sunday:@)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, those piggy pops are so cute! I did read Barbie's post, and I love the centerpiece and those teeny, tiny cookies. I hope you and Barbie enjoy the Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Piggy Pop mold! Did you know it's almost Chinese Lunar New Year which is the 'Year of the Pig' this year? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful variety of ways you have given us with these eggs Lynn. I hope you have great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those piggy pops are too cute and your deviled eggs always look great! Happy Super Bowl, we're having ribs and turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rooting for good food this year, LOL. And all your deviled eggs look darn good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw those pigs in a blanket molds on Amazon and immediately thought of you Lynn. They would have a been a hoot for a Super Bowl party :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!