Friday, September 28, 2018

Oven Roasted Butternut Squash with Garlic

This Oven Roasted Butternut Squash with Garlic is a very nice way to serve butternut squash. Super simple and calls for pantry items. I loved the smell of roasting garlic and ~everything~ is better with a little caramelization:@) We liked this as is but could also see bumping up the flavor a bit by subbing some bacon fat for the olive oil. Don't hesitate to give this a try the next time you pick up some squash folks!

Tip: As for peeling winter squash, now, I didn't try this (yet), saw it too late... But this was a comment I will be trying from Allrecipes-
YUM! This was delicious. First of all, to the poster who recommended poking holes with a fork and microwaving the squash for 3 minutes, you are a genius of the highest order whom I shall worship for the remainder of my cooking life. 

Oven Roasted Butternut Squash with Garlic-from Allrecipes
1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into 1" cubes-use a good sized squash
2 Tblsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
S&P to taste
  1. Mix everything and add to baking sheet. (I mix it right on the baking sheet with my hands).
  2. Roast at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until squash is tender and charred.
  3. My suggestion: Give it a quick mix/stir before removing from sheet pan.
  4. Sprinkle with salt before serving if desired.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

5 comments:

  1. I bet the roasted garlic really balances the sweetness of the squash, yum! I have done the microwave tip Lynn, and it really does help make cutting the squash easier...luckily so many stores are doing the hard work these days and offering butternut squash already cut, yay!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a perfect Fall side dish, Lynn! Thanks for sharing the tip on peeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butternut squash is my favorite! I've never tried adding garlic when I roast it so glad for that tip! I'll bet it's a delicious addition. Thanks, Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's time to try roasting a new veggie and butternut squash it is!! I "think" Bill might like it---but if not, I'll eat his share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love roasted butternut Lynn! I'm too lazy to cut mine even with the microwave tip and love buying it precut at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!