Saturday, May 26, 2018

Satuday Snippet: Coolapeno Peppers?

Just popping in with a quick post to share that I just found Coolapeno Peppers at Walmart. Heatless jalapenos-wow! I'm hoping they decide to be overachievers and look forward to making my Bread and Butter Pickled Jalapenos with them this summer! If you haven't tried them, they are a quick refrigerator pickle and the recipe I recommend most for pickled jalapenos. Of course having some extras for Stuffed Jalapenos would be good too... I love my 'penos folks:@)

Light: Full sun
Fruit size: 3.5 to 4 inches long
Matures: 70 to 75 days after planting
Plant spacing: 18 to 24 inches apart
Plant size: 36 to 44 inches tall
Hybrid. If you love nachos and poppers but aren’t quite so fond of the heat of traditional jalapeños, Coolapeño Heatless Jalapenño is for you! These peppers have all the delicious jalapeño flavor without the spiciness. Use them to make yummy salsa — as well as those poppers and nachos — for sensitive palates. Peppers ripen green to red, becoming sweeter as they ripen.

 Planted and ready for some sunshine!
 Has anyone grown these, what did you think if yes?

Have a happy weekend:@)

14 comments:

  1. I'll look for those. We love to stuff them....so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I've never heard of these. I'll have to check them out, Lynn. Thanks for the heads up! Happy Memorial Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up Lynn! I'll look for them on my next Walmart visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly what I need!! Must tell my son to plant them for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My prayers have been answered!!!!! LOL I sure hope I can find either the plant already started or the seeds to grow one myself.
    SAVE YOUR SEEDS from it, please??? That is, if you like the taste of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of them! I think I need to start looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you know why my Coolapeno plant produced the hottest Jalapeno I've ever tasted? And I'm from Texas where Jalapenos are a staple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly they taste just like a bell pepper, but I think may produce better. Its end of September here in Missouri and I've gotten loads of coolapenos, but very few bells.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I planted one last year and absolutely loved it! Pest free, best flavor ever(better than the Grand Marconi), thick walls, prolific and consistent, both in 100+ heat of summer and then thru the fall when temps at night fell and nothing else was producing. My absolute favorite pepper for salads and cooking and snacking...but can’t find them this year yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live in northern Illinois and could not find any of these peppers for sale in the area most retailers have never heard of them

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great peppers, but they're fairly bland when raw. Cook them (saute, roast with oil, etc.) with the seeds still intact. The flavor really comes out with just the ever so slightest hint of heat. Very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My bounty of coolapenos is enough to can. I love this pepper. I am keeping seeds to plant in the spring so I will have them next year also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I have to say my no-heat jalapeno is producing like crazy this year too-enjoy:@)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!