Everyone ready for bathing suit season??? Yea, me too:@) I just saw this on Pinterest, whipped up a little test batch and wanted to share... Now, let me say right upfront, these are ~not~ what I would normally think of as a cookie, I like mine crunchy. But they are soft, slightly sweet, chewy, the only sugar is from fruit and they would be a good treat while on a diet (or to curb the amount of sugar kids eat). Actually, they could be a nice little grab and go breakfast food too. And if you like raisins, they add even more sweetness. So if you're curious, give 'em a try folks, you might just like them!
The write-up doesn't give a lot of instructions, here are a few notes from me:
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper so the bottoms don't burn.
- Drop by tablespoon onto parchment and flatten batter to about 1/4" thickness. They do not spread while baking.
- I used old fashioned oats, instant oats might be better? Not sure.
- Used non-sweetened applesauce.
- Didn't have almond milk, subbed Half and Half.
- I started checking them at 15 minutes and ended up baking them for closer to 25-30 minutes.
- I let them sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes when out of the oven, then placed them onto a cooling rack.
Have a great weekend everyone, it's a soggy one in Philly:@)