I cooked the rice in my ♥Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
We set a timer, it took 20 minutes from the second I pushed the rice button until the beep that it was done.
A pic of the spinach before I cut it, it has already started growing again, life is good:@)
Spinach and Lemon Rice Pilaf
1 C long grain rice
1 1/2 C water-If you have chicken stock use it, omit the water and bouillon and add salt to taste
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 Tblsp butter
1/4 C onion, 1/4" dice
1/4 C carrot, grated
at least 1/2 C fresh spinach, cut into strips-use as much as you have or would like
juice of one lemon
- Place rice, water and bouillon into pressure cooker vessel, select rice setting and let 'er rip.
- Heat butter in skillet, saute onion and carrot until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice to skillet and mix with veggies.
- Squeeze lemon juice over rice, gently mix to combine and serve.