Monday, May 21, 2018

Spinach and Lemon Rice Pilaf

My planter of spinach has been very happy with the cool, wet spring we've been having here in Philly. My zucchini however... Well, that's a story for another post... So I picked all of the leaves I could and whipped up this Spinach and Lemon Rice Pilaf for Sunday dinner. I have to say, this was my favorite dish all weekend:@) It felt fresh and springy and squeezing lemon juice over the rice right before serving really made it pop with flavor. Don't hesitate to give this a try folks, I think you'll like it.
    I cooked the rice in my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
We set a timer, it took 20 minutes from the second I pushed the rice button until the beep that it was done.

A pic of the spinach before I cut it, it has already started growing again, life is good:@)

Spinach and Lemon Rice Pilaf
1 C long grain rice
1 1/2 C water-If you have chicken stock use it, omit the water and bouillon and add salt to taste
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 Tblsp butter
1/4 C onion, 1/4" dice
1/4 C carrot, grated
at least 1/2 C fresh spinach, cut into strips-use as much as you have or would like
juice of one lemon
  1. Place rice, water and bouillon into pressure cooker vessel, select rice setting and let 'er rip. 
  2. Heat butter in skillet, saute onion and carrot until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
  3. Add spinach, cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
  4. Add rice to skillet and mix with veggies.
  5. Squeeze lemon juice over rice, gently mix to combine and serve.

6 comments:

  1. Delish ! Thank you so much for sharing.
    Happy week.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm this sounds so good, Lynn! I'm impressed with your spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so good Lynn! Your spinach looks so healthy and vigorous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, this rice would go well with all the grilled meat we'll be eating this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so tasty! PINNED!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!