Monday, April 9, 2018

Polynesian Kabobs with Turkey Breakfast Sausage and Water Chestnuts-Outdoor or George Foreman Grill

I love finding recipes calling for unusual ingredients...  Breakfast sausage on a shish-ka-bob? If you're looking for something really different, don't hesitate to toss some of these Polynesian Kabobs on the grill! I used my George Foreman and that worked great. Because I was cooking for myself... I added some onion and jalapeno to the skewers:@) It's the addition of freshly grated nutmeg to the basting sauce that really makes these kabobs special folks.

I knew I had a can of water chestnuts, but they were sliced instead of whole... Whole would be best.
Leftovers? Serve over rice and call it lunch!

Polynesian Kabobs-from Taste of Home
8 oz can unsweetened pineapple chunks
14 oz turkey breakfast sausage links, thawed and cut in half
8 oz whole water chestnuts, drained well
large red bell pepper, cut into 1" chunks
2 Tblsp honey
2 tsp soy sauce
1/8 tsp nutmeg-freshly ground would be ideal
dash of pepper
  1. Alternately thread sausage, veggies and pineapple onto skewers.
  2. Mix honey, soy sauce, nutmeg and pepper in small bowl.
  3. Grill over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until sausage browns up. Baste with sauce while grilling. *If using George Foreman Grill, turn and move skewers from back to front every couple minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yum this sounds good! Breakfast for dinner!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh, do these kabobs look scrumptious! I haven't bought breakfast sausage in ages---these are the perfect excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kabobs look picture perfect Lynn! The nutmeg sounds like a tasty and interesting addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These kabobs are making me so hungry, Lynn! They're so colorful and look so tasty. I love freshly grated nutmeg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn,
    Your Kabobs look delicious, I would have never thought of using breakfast sausage and it is perfect with a great flavor. Can't wait to try these Kabobs! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!
    Your post is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week!Thanks so much for sharing with us and enjoy your new Red Plate!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!