I can press a batch of cookies a lot faster than I can roll the dough into balls:@)
I used this little oval disc for these cookies and think they turned out kind of fancy and pretty.
Mexican Wedding Spritz Cookies-from Muy Bueno
3 C A/P flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tblsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ginger powder
1 C shortening
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C orange juice, freshly squeezed if possible
1/8 C orange liqueur-I just added more orange juice
1 Tblsp orange zest
Powdered sugar for coating.
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger, set aside.
- Cream shortening until creamy. Add egg and sugar and cream until smooth.
- In small bowl combine vanilla, orange juice, liquer and zest, set aside.
- Add dry ingredients slowly to wet, mix until just combined.
- Fill cookie press and press cookies onto a cool, ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees 8-12 minutes-it did take a little longer for my cookies to begin to get golden on the bottom.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Dust cookies with sifted powdered sugar.
- Store cookies air tight in fridge or freezer.