2 to 2 1/4 C A/P flour
2 Tblsp sugar
1 envelope (2 1/4 tsp) rapid rise yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C pumpkin
1/4 C milk
1/8 C water
2 Tblsp butter
Egg wash or cornstarch wash-optional
- Combine 3/4 C flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in large bowl.
- Heat pumpkin, milk, water and butter until warm (120 degrees), add to flour mixture and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add 1/4 C flour, beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in enough remaining flour 1/4 C at a time to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces, shape into balls and place in a greased 9" cake pan. If desired, lightly coat the top with one of the washes and sprinkle with seeds (either an egg wash-one egg mixed with 1-2 Tblsp water or milk, or a cornstarch wash-blend 1/2 tsp cornstarch with 4 Tblsp water. Put it in the microwave until it appears glassy, about 30-60 seconds on high. Note: this can bubble up in the microwave, use a big enough bowl/cup)
- Cover rolls and let rise in warm place until double, about 30 minutes (this may take a little longer because of the pumpkin).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and done.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)