- White chocolate chips do NOT like to melt... It's best to find a nice melting white chocolate, if you only have chips (as I did), chop them up with a knife before microwaving (as I did not...).
- I like the colorful red cherries, so I leave them bigger and only cut them in half. Adding green cherries would be very Christmasy!
- Use at least 1/4 C and closer to 1/2 cup of raisins, they are what soaks up the liquor.
- The nuts are very nice in this, use at least 1/4 C and I suggest more.
- I put all of the add-ins into a measuring cup/bowl and pour the soaked raisins and vanilla on top of that bowl as well. That way everything is ready to be added to the melted chocolate all at once.
- I used 2 cups of fruit/nut add-ins, I would probably use 2 1/2 C next time.
- Stir fast! This fudge will set-up quickly.
14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
12 oz white chocolate chips-I used Ghirardelli
2 - 2 1/2 C chopped mix/match traditional fruitcake add ins:
-dried cranberries-I, um, forgot I had these-bummer
-nuts of choice-I used toasted walnuts
2 Tblsp liquor of choice: dark rum, brandy, bourbon or orange liquor
1 tsp vanilla
- Microwave raisins in liquor of choice for 20 seconds. I had dark rum. Stir and set aside as you chop the rest of the fruit and nuts.
- Heat milk and white chocolate in microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Stir, zap in little spurts until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- Quickly stir in everything else.
- Pour into an 8x8 pan that has been lined with non-stick foil. Press down a bit and spread evenly.
- Chill at least one hour (longer is better), cut into squares and enjoy.