Monday, October 2, 2017

Honey Spritz Cookies for Halloween (or Any Day)-and a bloggy blooper

I pulled the page for these Honey Spritz Cookies out of the December 2012 edition of Food Network Magazine. It took a while, but I knew I'd get around to trying the recipe! Buttery with a hint of honey, they stuck nicely to the cookie sheet, and as you'll see below they did really hold their shape well for pressed cookies. This is a nice little recipe to tuck away for a cool fall baking day:@)

I found the spider sprinkles leftover and marked down after Halloween at Walmart last year. So for pennies I have a cute little ~easily decorated~ cookie for Halloween:@) And of course this recipe would be great any time of year using a different disc. Ya gotta love spritz folks!!!

My Bloggy Blooper: Now, I may be the only person in the world that didn't know this but, these little candy sprinkles can't be baked... Nope, they can't. I added the spiders to all of my cookies that had the most detail and really showed the spider web design well... And the spiders ~a la Wicked Witch of the West~ melted-huh??? So they are best sprinkled on cupcakes or you can stick them onto the cookies after baking with a dab of icing or melted chocolate.

The spider web is part of Oxo's Fall Cookie Discs, love all of the cute shapes... 
Look at that turkey:@)

Other Fall and Halloween Options can be found at Impress Bakeware, lovin' the cat!
And ghost... and jack-o-lantern... Too fun!

Honey Spritz Cookies-from Food Network Magazine, Dec 2012
2 C A/P flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C butter, room temperature
1/3 C sugar
1 large egg
1/4 C honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
Anything you'd like to decorate them with
  1. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
  2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy.
  3. Add egg, honey and vanilla, mix until combined.
  4. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
  5. Fill press, press cookies onto cool, ungreased baking sheets. Decorate as desired.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees 12-15 minutes, or until just golden. Turning baking sheet half way through.
  7. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet, transfer to racks until completely cool.
Scare up a fun little treat and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
The Scoop
Show and Tell
Full Plate Thursday
Wildly Original Link Party
Foodie Friday

8 comments:

  1. Cute cookies and too bad about the melted spider. Even more creepy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spider web cookies, Lynn! I had to chuckle at the melted spider and your bloggy blooper. Thanks for the tip about not baking the decorations. I love that you kept it real for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound great. I am all in with spritz cookies. Nothing is easier and I would think the honey would change the taste a good bit. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I would have baked them too! They are so adorable! I haven't made Spritz in a long time, but they were always just magical to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. I have baked those candies also... they flatten right into little gops. I need to try this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute spider cookies Lynn, and I've made that mistake before with the candies. I love that witch hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Lynn, we all learn together, I would have done the same thing. The cookies are so cute! Hope you have a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!