Sunday, April 23, 2017

Orange Buffalo Boneless Chicken with Jalapeno

So I had some marmalade in the fridge and a rainy day off from work... Yep, Orange Buffalo Boneless Chicken with Jalapeno sounded kinda fun, and it was:@) This is a nice twist on my Guiltless Buffalo Chicken, although the addition of jam might make it a little more naughty-just sayin'. Serve this with cocktail picks as an appy/munchie for game day food or over rice and call it dinner-both are winners to me! Oh, and don't hesitate to add more jalapeno, you know, if your crowd's into that sort of thing... I'm thinking each bite of chicken should have some 'peno!

Orange Buffalo Boneless Chicken with Jalapeno
Approx 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut across grain on bias into 1/2" thick slices and then into 1"cubes
1-2 large jalapenos cut into 1/8" circles-I cut the seeds and membrane out of mine, leave in if desired
drizzle of olive oil for pan
2 Tblsp hot sauce-I used Frank's Wing Sauce
2 Tblsp orange marmalade-I used Smuckers
  1. Mix hot sauce and marmalade, set aside.
  2. Add jalapenos to pan with drizzle of olive oil. Heat pan to medium stirring 'penos every once in a while.
  3. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan, cook for a few minutes until pink is just gone. 
  4. Add hot sauce mixture, cook until thick and bubbly, just a couple minutes. 
  5. Serve as is or over rice.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday

5 comments:

  1. This looks so good Lynn and I love the combo of some sweet heat! Enjoy your Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sound so easy and brilliant. Not to mention yummy. Now that takes time to cut out the insides of the jalepeno!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the recipe, Lynn. I am thinking .. maybe supper tonight. Yes, I do have marmalade in the fridge, a whole new jar. Yippee

    ReplyDelete
  4. combining marmalade with buffalo sauce is totally brilliant Lynn!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm what a yummy flavor combo, Lynn! I love a sweet and spicy mix, and it's so easy, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!