Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Onion Soup Bread -A Bread Machine Recipe

This Onion Soup Bread was a fun little novelty bread to try. I always have Lipton's Onion Soup mix on hand for dips, sometimes I find it at Dollar Tree and Aldi just had their brand on sale for 69¢. This flavorful loaf was good with meatloaf for dinner and it made the house smell pretty darn good too:@) 
This recipe makes a 1 lb loaf of bread.
It's always a good idea to look at the dough as it's being mixed to make sure it's developing a smooth ball.
You may need to add a couple extra tsp of water or flour.

Onion Soup Bread-from War Eagle Mill
1 oz pack of dry onion soup mix (one envelope)
1 1/4 C warm water
1 1/2 C unbleached flour
3/4 C whole wheat flour
1 1/2 Tblsp butter, softened
1 tsp active dry yeast
~Add everything to pan in order. Press soft loaf and let 'er rip!

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

6 comments:

  1. I bet that onion soup bread does smell good Lynn! I need to pop in my Aldi's more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds good. My Mom was just talking about getting a bread machine again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this tasted terrific! And so easy made with a bread machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that smells good too! You make the best breads! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the house smelled wonderful! I love Aldi's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do your posts always want me to take a whiff of your photos?? I'm sure the bread smelled fabulous and I wish I had a slice right now, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!